We pride ourselves on delivering only the freshest produce from local suppliers wherever possible. We have an extensive menu to suit all tastes and happily cater for diets with special needs. Come and enjoy some fabulous 153 food today!
History of the area
The first settlers to the area were timber cutters in the 1850s who subsequently established sawmills. Farmers later moved into the area and a small settlement on Apollo Bay named Middleton developed. A Post Office of that name opened on May 1, 1873 (relocated to the township of Krambruk in 1881 and renamed Apollo Bay in 1898). During this period almost all access to the area was by sea. The township of Krambruk, later to be renamed Apollo Bay, was established in 1877, and a school was open by 1880. With the upgrade of the road to the town in 1927 and the completion of the Great Ocean Road in 1932, the town became a tourist destination and an important fishing port. In 1936 a submarine telegraph and telephone cable from Apollo Bay to Stanley provided the first connection to Tasmania from the mainland. The Apollo Bay Telegraph station closed in 1963 and is now a museum.